9/12/2009

Saturday night

What I missed:





Pansy Division
w/ the Avengers, Paul Collins Beat
at Dante's

I think I could have managed a ticket for this show (I think it was $12 or so), but I knew if I went I'd easily blow my financial wad on merch at the show. And seeing as how I'm in the infancy of getting my finances wrangled up and in line, spending the money-that-I-need-to-stretch-through-the-week all in one place wouldn't have been the best decision.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






Cry Baby
at the Laurelhurst

This one's towards the bottom of the John Waters list for me, so I'm not too bummed about missing it. Still, it would have been fun. Maybe.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






Stone
at the Bagdad

Australian biker-sploitation film from the 70s. I'd never heard of this one until I saw the poster for it outside the Bagdad a few days ago. Sounds interesting, but probably more interesting to those more interested in biker culture than I am. Though, I guess it could have served as a great appetizer to this upcoming main course.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


What I did:





Dead Snow
at the Hollywood Theatre

An ode to Evil Dead (with a bit of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, Friday the 13th, April Fool's Day, Halloween, Leprechaun....seriously, half of this film is for horror geeks to play 'Spot the Influence"), only replacing the demonic woodland spirits with a horde of Nazi Zombies. It's fun and silly and ridiculously gory. It's not gold by any means, but much like Black Sheep, it's a perfect way to shut your brain off for a few hours and watch people getting their intestines pulled out (usually for comedic effect).

No comments:

Post a Comment