7/12/2009

weekend

Friday:

-- far too early appointment with my therapist. Recently, she's been pushing me to get out more and meet more people. There are a few things coming up in the wings that I'm looking forward to, so we'll see how things go.

-- interview for a position at the [Portland Bookstore] website warehouse -- pulling orders, packing boxes, shipping things out, etc.
I got to the area far too early (the driving directions made it sound ridiculous, but it was 2 turns off HWY 30), so was able to walk around the industrial area, finishing off the roll of film in the Holga, as well as work on the roll in the Clack.
The interview went OK, I'd say. I got a bit nervous going in, so my vocabulary failed me for most of it; lots of "ummmmmmmm"s, "errrrrrrrr"s, "weeeeeeeelllllllll"s, etc. Hopefully I'll hear the results by Monday or Tuesday.

-- lunch with Vadim.

-- got things set to start my 10-day housesitting gig at Doug & Jim's place. I need to check on the hottub to make sure: a.) it's turned on, and b.) that all the chemicals are balanced for human participation.

-- met up with Vadim, Kevin, and Mike for a $6 double feature at St. John's Pub & Theater.

-- X-men Origins: Wolverine -- quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. Boring, ridiculously convoluted, overly cliche -- and incredible mess and 2 hours that I will never get back.




Vadim and Kevin left after the first movie. They claimed the theater was a bit too warm. I think they were embarrassed to be seen with me after Wolverine. It was that bad.


-- Drag Me to Hell -- an incredibly fun, campy, grossout return for Sam Raimi that holds up pretty well upon a second viewing.


Saturday:



I picked up two Kodak Super 8 movie cameras.
I have no knowledge about these cameras, nor about Super 8 film at all. And from what little I can find out with a quick, simple google search, it seems Kodak may have discontinued any film that was compatible with either of these cameras.
But, there is a pretty big Super 8 community in Portland, so I may be able to find some support with these cameras if I snoop around enough.





I also picked up these two 35mm cameras -- a Minolta Freedom 101 and a Ricoh FF-3 AF Super.
Two more cameras I don't know anything about, but it should be fun playing around with them.


And all four of these only set me back $20.
Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment