5/25/2009

films from the weekend



Street Trash
By far, one of the worst movies ever made -- it might even take the top honor of being the worst. And yet, watching it this past weekend was my 3rd or 4th time watching it. I still haven't made it all the way to the end, but I make it a little further each time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Cat Soup
A strange, surreal short animated film about a mischievous young kitten who traverses the land of the dead in order to save the soul of his older sister. Watching it is like watching someone else's dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Un Chant d'Amour
Jean Genet's only film short (which he would disown later in life) -- a completely silent (I think the clip above has an ambient soundtrack added to it) piece dealing with the chaste, unrequited love affair between two male prisoners. For 1950, it's kind of shocking how much cock is shown on screen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Leolo
Since Wellbutrin and Vodka mixed together help to form a makeshift hypnotic, I ended up sleeping through most of this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The Phantom of the Paradise
A really horrible film that tries to fuse Faust and Phantom of the Opera by way of mid-70s rock music. I really hate this one, yet harbor some sort of fascination with it that I don't understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think tonight may be Motel Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment