7/27/2010

on the horizon



The 2010 PDX Pop Now! festival is happening this weekend -- a free, all-ages, three-day gathering of a myriad of Portland bands, all at Rotture, alternating between the inside stage and an outside stage.

This year's line-up is kind of insane...sooooooo many great acts. For free!
If nothing else, be sure to catch Tu Fawning on Friday, the Joggers (!!!) on Saturday, and Atriarch on Sunday. There are plenty more bands worth your time and attention, but those three are my sure-fire recommendations.

And while I don't support the all-ages scene as much as I should, supporting the scene is something I am very passionate about. There are kids who need it. I was one of those kids at one time. So come out, support the all-ages scene. (For some reason, it really struggles in Portland.)

But more importantly, come out and support the bands. Portland is creating some amazing music right now, and this is a great chance to hear it for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment